This is a must make! Like immediately!
My sister brought this sweet potato apple goodness to our family Thanksgiving dinner and it was definitely love at first bite. I got the recipe and have made this dish three times in the last ten days. Yeah, its that good!
This dish blows me away by its simplicity and short ingredient list. No extra salt or sugar necessary. The sweet potatoes and apples practically melt in your mouth and are a treat for your taste buds!
My sweet-potato-hating husband keeps asking me to make this again. I even pureed this for my eight-month-old and he could not get enough of it.
Oh, and don’t be scared of the cinnamon/basil combination. I was super skeptical but the flavors blend perfectly!
I give full credit for this recipe to Beth at budgetbytes.com! (If you haven’t checked out her blog yet, what are you waiting for?!)
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples Serves 2-4
Total Time – 35 minutes (prep – 5 min; cook – 30 min)
- 3 small sweet potatoes, peeled
- 4 apples, cored (galas taste perfect, but I’m sure others would work well)
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp basil
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Chop sweet potatoes and apples in bite size pieces, about 1″ cubes.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and spread evenly on a cookie sheet lined with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy warm!