Yum, yum, and yum!!!
If you haven’t tried baked oatmeal before, you are seriously missing out!
I don’t know why I haven’t experimented more with baked oatmeal in the past, but watch out family!! I see a knew obsession on the horizon!
Baked oatmeal is one of my favorite breakfast options because you can make it at the beginning of the week and have a delicious breakfast available all week long. All you have to do is reheat and enjoy!
(Additionally, I am NOT a morning person! So anything that makes those early hours a little more stress-free is a huge win!)
This oatmeal is mildly sweet with bursts of tart cranberries. Throw in some apples, pecans, and cinnamon and you have yourself a filling breakfast perfect for the holidays.
(Inspired by this recipe at budgetbytes.com!)
Cranberry Apple Pecan Baked Oatmeal Serves 8
Total Time – 1hr 5min (prep – 20min; cook – 45min)
- 1/4 C flaxseed meal
- 3/4 C water
- 3 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 C coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 2 C almond milk
- 6 oz fresh cranberries, roughly halved
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 4 C oatmeal
- 1/2 C chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Combine flaxseed meal and water; set aside.
- Using a large bowl, combine applesauce, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, vanilla, and salt. Mix thoroughly and stir in milk.
- Gently stir in cranberries, apples, and oatmeal. Transfer to a greased casserole dish and top with pecans. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Enjoy warm! Leftovers can be eaten warm or cold, topped with milk.
Note: This recipe is very low in sugar so you can get away with adding some extra sugar to taste.