As some of you may already know, I have a chocolate addiction…….
Seriously! Every day around 2:15pm (once my kids are down for nap time) I make a beeline for the kitchen in search of whatever chocolatey goodness I can indulge in.
Chocolate brings me joy – that’s all there is to it!
(Well, maybe it brings me a few calories too, but we’ll just forget about that for now…..lol)
Today I decided to decided to make a yummy chocolate shake. I normally enjoy this a couple times a week. It’s simply one of my favorites!
I love this recipe because it is a great base that you can tweak according to your preferences and what ingredients you have on hand.
This soothing chocolate shake is delicious. But shhh…..don’t tell anyone that you’re sneaking in spinach, avocado, banana, chia seeds and flaxseed meal.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake Serves 1
Total Time – 5 minutes
- 1 1/4 C unsweetened almond milk (or other dairy-free milk)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder (Hershey’s is my favorite!)
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs peanut butter
- 1/2 Tbs flaxseed meal
- 1/2 Tbs chia seed
- 3-5 ice cubes (more ice cubes if banana isn’t frozen)
- 1 C packed spinach or kale (about 1 big handful)
- Put all ingredients in a blender and mix for 1-2 minutes until everything is well blended.
I would love to hear how you tweak this recipe to make it your own!