I am so excited to share this recipe today! I have been craving some tasty granola for weeks and I finally broke down and made some this morning. This granola is packed with pecans, coconut, cranberries, flaxseed meal, oatmeal and more!
When we transitioned to a plant-based diet, one of the hardest foods for me to give up was cereal. But I never thought to make my own cereal, in the form of granola.
Grieve no more! My new cereal has arrived. I am so thrilled! I’m sure I will be making this multiple times a month.
I’m in LOVE!
Cinnamon Pecan Granola Makes approximately 4 Cups
Total Time – 35 min (prep – 10 min; cook – 25 min)
- 3 C rolled oats
- 1 C pecans, chopped
- 1/3 C unsweetened coconut
- 3 Tbs flaxseed meal
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbs honey (add more if you prefer a sweeter granola)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 C dried cranberries or raisins
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Mix together wet ingredients and dry ingredients in separate bowls (excluding dried fruit). Combine everything and mix thoroughly.
- Spread onto large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and press down firmly. Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring gently halfway through bake time.
- When cool enough to handle, break into small pieces and mix in the dried fruit. Enjoy!!