I don’t know about you, but I cannot get enough of that cute little Mexican grill called Chipotle…..
Every bite bursts with flavor and brings my foodie self to life!
So, how about we bring some of this mouth-watering flavor to your kitchen.
This cilantro lime rice is bursting with flavor and remains one of the easiest and cheapest dishes I’ve ever made. What more could you want?
You can eat it by itself, toss it with black beans and guac, or throw it in a burrito or salad.
Chipotle-Style Cilantro Lime Rice Serves 2
Total time – 50 min (prep – 5 min; cook – 45 min)
- 2 1/2 C water (or vegetable broth for richer flavor)
- 1 C uncooked brown rice
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- Juice of 1 lime (don’t use refrigerated lime juice for this one; it makes a difference)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp Himalayam sea salt
- 1 small handful cilantro, finely chopped
- Boil water. Add rice and simmer on low for about 45 minutes until rice is cooked.
- While rice is cooking whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Once rice is cooked, stir in cilantro lime mixture. Serve warm.