Do you remember those delicious no-bake chocolate oatmeal cookies? What if you could have them for breakfast and not feel guilty?
Well, get ready, because you’re about to enjoy just that – chocolate no-bake cookies in a bowl!
This is one of my family’s favorite breakfast foods by far! We eat it multiple times a week, and sometimes not just for breakfast.
I guess you could say we have a bit of a chocolate addiction……
Anyways, when I first saw the idea of having chocolate oatmeal for breakfast, I thought, “How on earth could that be healthy?” So yes, this recipe does have sugar, 16g/serving in fact. It’s more than I like to put in recipes, but I realized that this was the same amount of sweetener I was already putting in our normal oatmeal recipes.
So why not indulge and enjoy some chocolate! When you compare to the nutrition facts on any of your other favorite breakfast foods it should still win out as a healthier option.
Chocolate Oatmeal Serves 2
Total time – 15 min
- 2 C water
- 1 C oatmeal
- 2 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 heaping Tbs natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 2 Tbs honey
- Bring water to a boil in small saucepan.
- Once water is boiling, add all remaining ingredients except the honey. Stir thoroughly, checking to make sure the cocoa powder has not formed any clumps.
- Let oatmeal simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it reaches desired thickness. Add honey and serve.